STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Admission to the school
Students will be considered for
admission to the school after completion of an online application form together with,
copies of relevant school reports and identification documents have been
received. Payment of the non-refundable registration fee of €200 (€215
if transferred from outside the Netherlands) must be made into the school account:
Group 0: NL 33 RABO 0114 4724 59
Group 1-7: NL 43 RABO 0113 9882 49
clearly note the name of your child on the transfer.
The School requires student records
from the applicant's previous school, in English, before any student is considered.
These records should include reports, transcripts, results of standardised
tests and any reports by a counsellor or psychologist. The School reserves the
right to contact the applicant's previous school prior to acceptance.
A new pupil is initially placed
according to age, whereby the school takes the cut-off date October 1st into consideration when he/she is entering at
the beginning of the school year. When entering during a school year the new
pupil makes an initial visit to the location and the classroom, to meet the
teacher and his/her peer students. The first 4 weeks are regarded as an
assessment period. Alternative class or school placement may then be
recommended and changed after teacher/parent consultation.
The application does not guarantee
that there will be a place for the child or that an available place will be
offered. Where a class is full the child will be placed on the waiting list.
After application, if a vacancy exists and it is considered that the child
would benefit from the academic programme offered at our school, a place will
be offered in the form of a letter to the parent. The parent must reply to the School accepting
Summary of admission process:
Registration of interest is made via the website
If placement is considered possible, applicants are invited to complete the Online Application form and are invoiced for the registration fee.
The application process asks for the following:
- relevant information about the school career of the child including report cards of the last two school years (if applicable) and letter of recommendation.
- copy of the child's birth certificate.
Successful applicants are added to the waiting list for the relevant group and intake year. Final decisions will be made when we are clear how many places are actually available.
A proposal is made to parents re the class placement.
A letter of offer/refusal is made to parents.
Admission decisions are based on each
child’s previous school records (if applicable) or experience, placement
assessments and a visit to the school.
Children qualify for
places at Elckerlyc
if they meet one of the following criteria:
- The child has a non-Dutch nationality (or: also a non-Dutch nationality) and has a parent that is working in The Netherlands (or in a Dutch border region) for a limited time;
- The child has Dutch nationality and has lived and gone to school abroad for at least two years because a parent was stationed abroad;
- The child has Dutch nationality and has a parent (with whom the student will be living) that will be stationed abroad within two years and for at least two years. This is to be proven by a written statement of the parent’s employer.
Please note we are unable to accept applications for group 0 and group 1 more than 1 year in advance of the potential enrollment date from children born and already residents in Holland. For periods greater than 1 year in advance, the application needs to come from children joining us from outside of the Netherlands. Where families plan to live in the Netherlands for longer than 36 months, children do not fulfill our admissions criteria. In this instance we require a copy of the employment contract with a clear end of contract date.
Elckerlyc is a diverse community. We
do not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, religion,
national origin or sex in the selection of students. We actively seek diversity
in our student body.
Please note the following points:
- Fees are ‘all-inclusive’ and cover besides tuition, school trips, parties, school camp for groups 6 and 7, all materials needed for school (pencil, exercise books, paper, etc.)
school fees for an academic year in Groups 1 - 7 are € 3800,- per child
(School year 2018-2019). When a child joins after the beginning of the
school year fees will be adjusted accordingly. Admission to gp 0 is dependent on full-time attendance. School fees for gp 0 are € 7110,- per child (School year 2018-2019). In Group 0 the fees are not subsidised by the Dutch Ministry of Education. This
results in higher fees in this group – please see the Group 0 information
booklet for specific details.
- No discounts will be given in the case of more than one child from the same family attending the International Section of the school.
- If a child begins attending the school at a date other than the official start of the academic year in August/September, the school fee will have to be paid in full when the children start before January, half of the outstanding fee is payable when the child(ren) start after January.
are requested to pay the school fee within the time stated on the invoice.
Should this not be possible, the fee can be paid in two instalments.
- In the event that fees have not been received according to the above conditions, a place will be offered to the child(ren) concerned in the Dutch Section of the school (provided there are spaces available) and their places in the IS will be offered to those currently heading the waiting list.
- We are not able to reserve places for children who start at any other point than the beginning of the year unless a reservation fee is paid. Where a child does not start Group 0 at the beginning of the academic year a place cannot be guaranteed for a later date start.
- Where appropriate and in collaboration with parents, it is possible a child will remain in Group 0 having reached the age of 4 by October 1st. Group 0 fees still apply.
- The school reserves the right to refuse admission to students whom they feel cannot benefit from the program being offered.
In the event of the applicant's knowledge of the English language being below the acceptable minimum (as determined by the school), the applicant is required to have additional English Language coaching. Such coaching may be arranged by the school but the costs, usually around € 30 per hour, remain the responsibility of the parents. This intensive course will last for four weeks (36 hours).
School fees must be paid promptly upon receipt of an invoice. The invoice will be issued in April for the subsequent year and to secure a place, a first instalment (50%) must be paid by 30th April. The second payment by 31st October and the final payment by 30th November. It is of course possible to pay the invoice in full (100%) in April. Invoices paid by employers must be paid in full and not in instalments. Payment by instalments is only possible after request via email to email@example.com. Where payment is in instalments no further invoice will be issued for the outstanding amount. No discounts will be given in the case of more than one child from the same family attending the school.
School fees are calculated on a ten month basis. If a child begins attending the school at a date other than the official start of the academic year in August/September, the school fees will be calculated pro rata, plus one month.In the event that fees have not been received according to the above conditions, a place will be offered to the child(ren) concerned in the Dutch Section of the school (provided there are spaces available) and their places in the International Department will be offered to those currently heading the waiting list.
Withdrawal from the school
Before a student is withdrawn from school a minimum of 60 days notice must be given using the appropriate form provided by the school. Where a child leaves during the course of the school year and fees have already been paid, a charge will be made for the period of attendance plus one month. Fees already paid in excess of this charge will be refunded. Unless full notice is given in writing on time, fees will continue to be charged until the 60 days notice period is complete before any refund is made.